Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Mon, 30 Mar 1998 07:56:17 +0000
From:
Dr. Stauber told me that Jean's ferrets had ECE.  I asked Jean about it
when we were there in December.  She confirmed that they had ECE but gave
me a different date than the vet did (I don't recall the exact date but
one report was within the past year).  In any case, you should use
precaution sif you plan on bringing them into your household.  If you
don't know anything about ECE, visitFerret Central.

As I have said earlier in my post last week, I have had Mighty Mouse one of
Jeans ferrets for about 4 plus months and two of her healthy babys, I was
told at the time I received her by Dr, Stauber at WSU that there was a out
break of ECE at the clinic and it occurred about the same time Mighty Mouse
and 5 others were being treated for other reasons he also stated that he
could not be sure it was brougnt to the clinic my Jeans ferrets, NONE of
the ferrets that were placed after the Spokane incident have ECE and there
is no evidence to prove they do.  It is true that a year prior as told to
me by Jean she did have a outbreak and that some fo her existing ferrets
were some that recovered from it.

For the record, there was *not* an outbreak of ECE after introducing Jean's
10 ferrets to the shelter.  Her ferrets might be out of the contagious
timeframe.