Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Sat, 28 Mar 1998 13:27:49 -0600
From:
Hi.  I adopted a stray ferret I found approximately 6 months ago.  I'm
concerned because I just noticed something that looks something like
bruises.  I probably wouldn't be worried, except that I hear so much about
the numerous health problems ferrets have.  I'd like to know if this is
simply some marking that many ferrets have, or if it sounds like something
to be concerned about.  If so, I'll need to schedule a vet visit.

Imagine a ferret on its back so that you can see the stomach area.  In the
area between the hind legs, on the borderline between the back legs and the
stomach, there are four (two on each side) thumb shaped dark areas.  One set
is above the other set.  I can't tell if they are areas of darker hair, or
actual bruises on the skin.  They don't seem sensitive to touch, and I can't
feel anything under the skin.  She is acting normally, eating normally, and
pooping normally.  They don't appear to have changed size in the four days
since I noticed them.  So, am I just being overly paranoid?

Thanks so much for your help.  Sorry about the length.

(In case my verbal description couldn't help you visualize, here's a simple
schematic.  The vertical lines are Chloe's back legs and feet drawn up
against her tummy like she does when she's on her back.  The four sets of
two circles are meant to represent the four, thumb shaped, dark areas.)

     | O    O |
     | O    O |

--

Amy L. Lynch     [log in to unmask]