From:
Kymberlie Becker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Mar 1998 22:23:42 -0500
Hi everyone!  I just wanted to say to everyone who is volunteering to
transport ferrets, THANK YOU!  I have 129 volunteers for Ferrets Across
America so far.  CJ Ladybug has been replaced as the "Most Out There"
volunteer... we have one in Alaska now!  That award now goes to "Lisa, Peter
and the 6 not so frozen ferretsicles in Alaska." We also have an award for
the person who has volunteered for the largest area: that would go to Jim
and Cathy in Monroe, Louisiana; they have volunteered to travel from their
home to parts of Alabama, Tennessee, Texas, Arkansas, and Mississippi!  WOW!
Thanks!

Next; if you have volunteered and have not received a confirmation from me,
well that's because I never thought I'd get 129 volunteers so quickly!
Basically, I am only writing back to those people who I may need more
information from.  So, if you do not hear from me, everything is fine.  You
will be contacted if a transport comes up in your area.  Hopefully, I will
also be sending out some information on the program, guidelines so-to-speak,
in the near future, but for the moment, I'm actually pretty busy lining up
new transports.

That brings me to the next issue: I have five transports already waiting to
get going, including one that's happening this weekend to Massachusettes.
If you have sent me a request for a transport, I did receive it and it's on
the "transport waiting" clipboard by my computer.  I just have to sort
through these 129 volunteers first, before I can get the transports going.
So, I have not forgotten anyone... as soon as your transport is next on the
list, you will be contacted and you'll be informed of every bit of info on
it.

Please do not hesitate to contact me about any new transports; even if it
has to go on a "waiting list" it will still be on the clipboard and it could
even become a part of another one that's going.  Similarly, even though I'm
a bit overwhelmed by 129 volunteers, let's face it; 129 volunteers doesn't
even come close to covering the country!  So, volunteers are always welcome
(and if you are a member of a club, please tell your other club members
about Ferrets Across America.  The more people we have in one area
volunteering, the better; that way, if one person can't do it, there might
be others who can.)

Thank you all for being so supportive of Ferrets Across America!  I will do
my best to get lots of parentless ferrets to their new Mommies and Daddies!

If somehow you've missed the details of Ferrets Across America, and would
like more information, please e-mail me.  Details will also soon be posted
on the PFRA website.

Kymberlie Becker Barone
Director, Pennsylvania Ferret Rescue Association
"Forget Puppy Love...There's nothing Greater than Ferret Love!" TM
http://home.sprynet.com/sprynet/ferretlady