From:
RaysGirl00 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Mar 1998 08:44:39 EST
Just as we posted the messages about the National Pet Club, I received the
information in the mail.  Yes they do cover ferrets.  They say in the
brochure that they cover any pet.  BUT They sent me coupons for food, toys,
cages etc..  Stuff that you can only buy through them and the coupons are
for only merchandise for dogs and cats.  They offer Pet adoption, Pet Pal
exchange and Pet information lines for members, which just happen to be
(900) numbers and are $.99 a minute.  I did receive the free vet visit
certificate to be used only at their participating vet.  What are the
chances of having one near you?  Probably slim.  They will be billing my
phone bill $9.95 a month if I dont cancel.  Well I have been trying to
cancel and I am getting a never ending busy signal.  If anyone wants I will
forward you the brochures and then maybe you can foward them etc..  If the
plan is good for you then thats great but as ferret owners..  It offers us
nothing that has to do with a ferret.

Sorry BIG if this goes off topic.. Just warning people that have ferrets not
to get taken in on the scam and have their phone bill charged for nothing.

Sharon, Woobie and Princess

[Moderator's note: The topic is fine -- it's in reference to the usefulness
or uselessness of the plan for ferret owners.  BIG]