From:
Roger Poore <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 22 Mar 1998 22:29:12 -0500
Hiya gang! Rocky G. Poore Ferret here.

Well, after 4 and a half years, we've decided that we will be closing
Ferret World (http://ferretworld.com) for good.  I'll be sending most, if
not all, articles to Pam Greene of Ferret Central.  She graciously said
that she'd host them.  This also includes articles from STAR and LOS.
TheBoards will just be done away with.  I'll get to the videos in a second.

Now, what about Rainbow Bridge?  Ah, funny you should ask.  I've registered
a new domain...rainbowbridge.org which is up already but not ready for the
public.  Feel free to drop by and browse but DON'T post anything cuz it will
be removed in a few weeks when I open it.

I've decided to focus my time on the Rainbow Bridge site only, thus the
reason for shutting down Ferret World.  I've already been a busy little
furball creating scripts that automate the submission process.  This way
there won't be anymore delays in posting your pets.  I didn't have the
freedom to do this kinda stuff with Ferret World's host.

I'll keep the ferret videos on my machine and provide y'all urls's to them
so that you can put links on your site.

As far as the FML seach thingy, I will keep that on my machine if I get
enough email saying that you've used it and that it has come in handy.  Does
anyone else provide a way to search through FML documents?  BIG?  Please let
me know.  If no one else does this, I'll probably keep it up and provide
y'all the url so that you can add a link on your page.  If anyone else wants
to take it over, let me know.  The code is Perl written on a Linux machine
and you need at least 50 megs free and a fast machine.  It's running
currently on a P90 with 32 megs.

I plan on the "official" date for opening as April 1st (not an April fool's
joke).  Ferret World will stay up until simpletnet realizes that I cancled
them! :D

The new-old Rainbow Bridge site is:
  http://www.rainbowbridge.org

Take care y'all.  I'll be talkin atchya.
Rocko "macho man" Poore Ferret

P.S.
No, daddy hasn't given up on us ferrets around the world.  The way he
explained it to us was that 1 human kid + 12 ferrets + 3 cats + 1 wife +
1 new postion at his work = 32 hours a day.  (don't ask me where he
learned his math!)  That's a typical human for ya!

[Moderator's note: I hope to provide searching capability soon.  BIG]