From:
Bob Church <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Mar 1998 02:40:48 -0600
Q: "Is it possible for you to send me the entire series pieced together
    and with the discussion questions added to the end?"

A: I would be more than happy to, but I've discovered a major quirk of my
server, which is very large posts tend to never make it to their
destination.  I don't know why, but it has made my life hell trying to send
some of my work out for review or publication.  So having me send them as a
single large post may or may not work, and I will never know from my end
until I am told.  So to be sure you would get the email, I would have to
break the messages down to small files and you would still have to piece
them together.  Sorry.

Perhaps someone would be willing to put the series up on their web page for
people to download.  I am planning on doing such a thing, but I can't find
the 3-4 days I need to redo my webpage.  I am hoping to find the time in few
weeks while I am in the Seattle/Vancouver general area.

[Moderator's note: I've grouped all of Bob's adrenal posts (and one or two
others, I think) into one lump and put them on the server here.  Send mail
to [log in to unmask] with the text GET ADRENAL POSTS FERRET in the
body of the email if you'd like a copy sent to you.  It totals a little
under 100K -- 1626 lines.  BIG]

Q: "I never realized my house could be so stressful to ferres, but I started
   looking around and could see potiential stress everywhere.  Do you really
   think stress could be a cause of adrenal disease?"

A: I think it could be a factor, but like I mentioned, there is absolutely
no scientific proof that ties even the really bad stuff to adrenal disease.
But even so, it makes sense to want to remove as many stressors in the
ferret's life as possible, doesn't it?  Even if they have no bearing on
adrenal disease, it would make thier lives better.

I will do a special post on ways to address ferret stress.

Bob C and 19 MO Chin Wipin' Butt Draggin' Corner Backin' Tube Cats