From:
"K. Smith" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 28 Feb 1998 20:07:42 -0800
Hello to all!  First I want to thank you all who wrote me on how to keep my
floors clean from the *butt wiping monster*.  They were all VERY helpful.  I
now have carpet remnants around his litter.  Works like a charm :)

About odd ferret behavior, My second ferret (a small loving female siamese
"Shump") Was a great ferret with my daughter when she was born, in fact she
(pardon this phrase) scared the crap out of me!  I didn't know much about
ferrets and infants at the time so she was always free roaming.  She would
sleep on my daughters neck but NEVER EVER did any bodily harm to her.  I
guess the new baby was just so warm and inviting.  I would never let this
happen again now that I understand more about the nature of animals so
please no flames!  Also the ferret I currently have is just plain WEIRD!  My
friend has a son that is mentally retarded (I've posted about this before)
My ferret usually stays away when kids are in my house but when this
particular child comes over he always stays by him!  The kid doesn't hurt
the ferret in any way and we watch him closely while he is with him at all
times.  He lets this kid hold him, talk to him and inspect him.  This child
never spoke a word you could understand until his "ferret therapy".  He is
now talking and has a special friend!  He still calls the ferret a cat but
who cares?  He talks!  The ferret helped him and his odd behavior is just,
well, odd!  I don't know why or how a ferret could hurt a baby/child but I'm
sure it can and does happen.  Maybe the ferrets were not fed enough or
abused or both?  At any rate, I am glad I have never had to expirience this
with them first hand.

Thank you all gain, very helpful!
Kathy Smith and the clean butted weasle Sosha