Date:
Fri, 20 Feb 1998 09:57:24 -0600
I feel the need to respond to the call put out by Katherine Kuckens
<[log in to unmask]> for the stupidest ferret question or comment.  You
can stop the search because I'm sure we have the winner.

Several years ago, while manning a booth at Midwest Pet Fair, a group of us
overheard a fellow in the background commenting to whoever he was with, in a
very authoritative manner....

        "You know, I heard a ferret can bring down a full sized cow."

This fellow WAS serious.  Needless to say, we spent the rest of the show
discussing amongst ourselves how this could happen.  Perhaps if the ferret
was playing near the trigger of a loaded shotgun?  etc.  It was later posted
as a general hah-hah to the FML and might be responsible for the occasional
ferret killing cows comments that run as kind of a inside joke.

Did I win?  Did I, Huh??  What's my prize?  When do I get it??

"Nothing should be implied as law which leads to unjust or absurd
consequences."
                    "The game's not over until I win!"