From:
"marie i. schatz" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Jan 1998 21:45:31 -0500
This is a tip only for those people with ferrets who are past the
inverterate eating/chewing onappropriate things stage (mine seem to have
grown out of that stage somewhat)  I put some of that rubbery stuff to stop
a rug from slipping underneath a face towel over the edge of the tub so they
can get in an out easier for tub drinks without the towel slipping down on
them.  The piece is "just" big enough to do the job and well covered by the
towel to discourage any investigation on their part just in case.  So far so
good.  I'm monitoring closely.  The pattern here is: Ferrets get on the tub
ledge via a magazine stand.  Knock the empty shampoo bottle into the tub to
get the water turned on (thats my signal although I wonder if they think its
the bottle and wonder why it doesn't always work, like the middle of the
night:).  They hop in, I run some water for a bit, turn off and leave.  They
lick it up and get themselves out.  This is only for older non chewers!

Mary