From:
petersen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Jan 1998 19:37:33 -0600
Hope someone can help us out here, because Buddie is such a sweetheart.  He
is a 5 year old MF albino, and other than gaining some weight this winter,
has seemed to be pretty healthy.  Actually, we were glad to see him putting
on weight, because he had been a little on the skinny side.  A while ago,
Kurt noticed a gray area on Buddie's belly that seemed "firm" to the touch -
not really hard, but definitely different from the rest of it.  Today, he
went to the vet to see if the vet could help us figure out what the problem
was.  The vet felt the firm area, and said it was an enlarged spleen and
probably nothing to worry about.  Well, we had X-rays done anyway.  The
kidneys and small and large intestines are pushed down into the belly.  The
liver is on the small side.  The vet said that because Buddie has gained
weight, the fat makes it difficult to tell if there's something seriously
wrong with him.  The vet is going to have the X-rays looked at by another,
more experienced vet.  Right now, we are looking at a diagnosis range from
overweight to lymphosarcoma.  So as you can imagine, we would like any
pointers that would help clarify the diagnosis.  Buddie seems to be in good
spirits, eating and drinking normally.  He is the first to crash when we let
the kids down to play.

Thanks in advance.

Sara and Kurt and Buddie