Date:
Wed, 14 Jan 1998 20:45:59 +0000
To those who have posted to the FML and have received no, or very little,
response... please, don't give up on not answering!!  Whether it's because
people are busy, or whether they just plain aren't sure on the answer, there
is generally a REASON why people do not respond to a question.  Posting a
question and receiving only a few replies, is far far better than not
posting at all!!  Everyone who has been here years, months weeks or days
that has posted has, or will have, at one time at least, a post that may as
well be 'ignored'.  It isn't that it's a *bad* post, and it isn't that your
name isn't known!!  I personally don't even bother reading the names on top
of posts that I respond to.  Whether it's Joe Bloggs in Sudan, or someone
well known such as Bob C in Missouri, if a question is asked and people know
the answer, they will do their level best to help.

This is a mailing list to ask questions, and although there are many people
here who know a lot about ferrets, no-one is perfect, no-one knows
everything, and there are less than 3,000 WORLD-WIDE subscribers here.  I'm
sure if I asked about shipping ferrets into New Zealand from the North Pole,
there may be a remote chance that someone knows, but a greater one that
no-one will respond to my post.  If I, however, post that my ferret has been
attacked by a dog, the vet won't see him, and you need help to get him to
help fast, I'm sure you'll be flooded with responses.

Sometimes, to you your question seems silly.  But every question that has
been asked hundreds of times here has, at one time, been asked the 'first'
time.  When someone asks 'what is a dook' that question was asked before,
and will be again.  (BTW, for those that don't know, 'dook' is the chuckling
sound ferrets make when they're happy, excited, etc) <g>

If you feel your question is important, and you did not recieve a reply,
reword your question and send it in again.  Maybe people didn't quite
understand the phrasing, maybe they thought you meant something else.  Maybe
the person who could answer your question best just couldn't read that issue
of the FML.

Try again, and keep on asking questions.  The more questions you ask, the
more you learn, and the more friends you'll make.  There are many many
ferret lovers here, and some have the potential of becoming life-long
friends.  Don't throw that chance away.

Sam

 Ferrets are my life
 Ferrets are for me
 They get me into strife
 They make me feel so free!!
 (Ah, probably because they steal everything!)
 Email me at [log in to unmask] and hope I get it...
 Before they do!