From:
"Cheryl M. Nordgulen" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Jan 1998 12:05:21 -0800
I have had three blind ferrets over the last 13 years.  Currently we have
two and the other one was our first ferret, Mij.

We help out by not rearranging furniture, etc. and not rearranging their
cages.  They get along very well without sight as they depend more on their
noses and ears to get around.  Watching ours play, it is very hard for
someone who has not seen them before to pick out the blind ones from the
sighted ones.  They still climb, still jump and do all the ferrety things.

So, I wouldn't worry about your little one's loss of sight.  Sometimes it
seems that they do "link up" with a sighted friend, but usually only when
they are intent on some kind of mayhem.

--
The Critterpen by Chemayn
Cheryl M. Nordgulen