Date:
Sat, 28 Mar 1998 01:35:52 -0800
>2. On 3/12, I purchased a MF kit from the Petco store in Hartsdale, NY.
>   The kits were a new batch.  There were no kits in the store to
>   comingle with the new ones.  They were in the store for *one* hour
>   prior to my getting there.
>3. On 3/14, the kit began showing signs of ECE.  Within 90 minutes,
>   Kender was showing signs.  And within 24 hours, Justin was sick too.
>4. On 3/16 all three ferrets went to the vet.  The vet confirmed ECE,
>   based on the evidence he had.

Doesn't sound to me like the MF kit was the carrier.  I would bet that
ECE was present in the cage the kits were kept and when the new load of
kits came in, they got it.

ECE is too devastating and to contagious to have originated at MF.  If it
had, they would be in serious trouble and would not be shipping ferts to
pet stores.

If we start getting reports from all over that ECE is popping up and
apparently coming from a shipment of MF kits, then I will say, yup, MF has
a problem.  Until then, no...Your new MF kit was a victim of exposure from
some other source...not MF itself.

MC (The rude one)