From:
"E.M. Ennis" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Mar 1998 23:14:36 -0500
>From:    MC <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Ferret producers..
>As many of you know, I have a friend to owns a pet store..a very
>successful pet store.  He and I have talked about how small the MF ferrets
>appear to be getting.  So, he ordered a batch of ferrets from Triple f
>Farms.  They came in today.  Of course, I had to rush over to see them.
>
>Folks..don't bash MF for shipping young ferts!  You ain't seen nuthin!
>These ferts were so young, they wanted to suckle every time you touched
>them.  They hardly were able to eat dry food.  Their eyes were not fully...

I've been getting some info via email about Triple F.  My local pet store
usually gets MF, but decided to try a new source.  As near as I can
determine, the source was Triple F.  The kits were VERY small.  Their adult
canines were just beginning to poke out of the gums (most 'new arrivals' in
this area have longer adult canines than milk teeth).  What they had for
teeth, they used...violently.  It seems this is common, from what I've heard
thus far of Triple F kits.  My fiancee and I termed their behaviour the
"cobra strike," and think that's pretty self explanatory.  They would
maniacally attack their water bottle, each other, the cage bars, or anything
that came near them.  One latched onto my jacket and made some noises that
sounded like a staccato dook with each yank he gave.  Since then, two of
these 4 have ended up in our halfway house (about 5 mos of age) and we've
gotten them socialized to the point where I'll let someone hold one, with
the standard bite lecture (don't pull away, don't play with his face, don't
touch noses, etc), but they are far and away the most hyperactive ferts I've
ever seen.  Sullivan has this gallumphing puppy-run (he must weigh in at
over well over 3 lbs) and sleeps about an hour for every hour he's up (most
of our guys sleep about 4 hours for every hour they're up).

Overall, I'm not impressed with Triple F as a MF alternative.  At least the
MF kits I've been around have a suitable temperment.