From:
Laurel Roth <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Feb 1998 14:05:19 -0800
I've been (mostly) lurking for the better part of two years, and I guess
that I'm finally ready to say hi - I've started feeling rude learning so
much from people without an introduction.  So.....I live with three cats,
one blue heeler, and two (hoping for two more this spring) ferrets, plus one
boyfriend and one big brother.  Our weasels are Sprocket (MF 2 yr female,
about 1.5 lb sable, the most determined creature I've ever met) and Fathead
(also MFsable, male, 7 mos, 2.5 lbs-mostly in his neck and butt, not as
bright as Sprocket but easier to please).  They have a 3 level cage made out
of a rabbit hutch, daily play times, weekends to dig in the yard - soon
they'll have their own room, but we need to do some construction ferret
proofing first since it's a laundry room.  Before we got Fathead (well, it's
the only name that stuck) Sprocket's main playmate was my kitten - they
still all three play togethor most evenings, Sprocket digging at the doors
and hiding my art supplies, Fathead dancing about and bouncing off walls
looking suprised, and Squeak (the cat) hiding under the futon and stalking
all who happen by with one flailing black paw......probably a scene familiar
to many of you.  Unfortunately they're banned from the livingroom for the
week while we rebuild our VW motor on the coffee table.

Several people unfamiliar with ferrets have met mine lately; they've come
through wonderfully every time - Fortunately we worked through a bit of a
nipping problem with Sprocket a year ago, and with their winter coats
they've charmed each new encounter.  wheeeee, more ferret friendly people in
the world.