Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Wed, 25 Mar 1998 07:06:30 -0800
From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Hi Everyone,

I guess its my day for questions, actually its my day for wondering what I
am doing with ferrets.  It seems to me I just can't win with these guys.
There is so much I don't know and I find it so frustrating not being able to
detect the problem and help them.  I have Rupert who is refusing to eat, I
have EB who has adrenal and is hairless and vomits quite often, so I am
always is a state of should we take her to the vet or does she seem ok to
you.  And now I have this problem with Fiona.  I don't know how you shelter
people keep your sanity.  I guess I'll quite feeling sorry for myself and
get on with my questions.  Fiona (7 1/2 y/o MF female) who has lymphosarcoma
and insulinoma.  She is on pred for the insulinoma and recently developed
lymphosarcoma.  Her nodes are so swollen that she is incontinent or can't
lift her lower belly so she goes on herself.  Since I work 12 hrs a day I
can only clean her in the morning before work and then when I return and
during the nite of course.  She has started to get an irritation (you know
when you have cut yourself and put peroxide on it and it turns the skin
white, thats what the irritation looks like) around her vulva, what have
other people found to use on their little bottoms to keep this from
happening?  I suppose I should find someone who is home all day who could
care for her on an ongoing basis but I don't know anyone in my area and she
is a rescue three times over so I would hate to have her find herself in
still another home at this late stage of her life.  Any thoughts on that?
What I would like is some feedback on what you would do in my situation.
Thanking you in advance.  I generally post anon because of my location but I
feel I need your responses sooner than later, please find my email address
listed below.

Jill Owned By
Rupert, Fiona & EB

PS:  I sent another post earlier about Rupert - if you were going to
respond to that post would you also directly email it to me.  Thanks

[Moderator's note: Jill expressed some concern about giving out her
email address, so for the time being (a week or two), you can reach her
by writing to <[log in to unmask]>