Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Sat, 28 Feb 1998 09:52:17 CST
From:
victoria foster <[log in to unmask]>
Bad news about my Chance.  He has had insulinoma for a while now, and I took
him to the vet because he was really slowing down and acting worse.  He is
going downhill fast.  She examined him and said that the tumor is now big
enough for her to feel and that he feels pain when she presses on it.  The
long and short of it is that we are looking at a matter of weeks rather than
months as far as he is concerned.  She upped the dosage of his pred., but
when he had three different episodes, each time just before he was due for
another dose, I went ahead and upped it a little more.  He tires very
quickly now.  Mostly now he just eats and sleeps.  I'm hoping he will drift
off to the Rainbow Bridge peacefully in his sleep.  I wouldn't like to see
him suffer.

The second part of my post concerns a suggestion I read on here some time
ago.  I don't know who posted it, but they suggested keeping a daily diary
or scrapbook on your ferret.  Keep pictures and daily happenings in it.
What the ferret likes and dislikes.  Anything and everything about that
particular ferret.  Then when you do lose one of your babies, you will
always be able to go back and look over it and remember.  The memories won't
fade as fast.