From:
Margaret Merchant <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Jan 1998 18:22:44 -0600
Hey Ya'll,

Well, hanging in there.  I don't think it was the flu this time, just a bug.
But that is enough.

The FLO got the vacuum last night.  Sigh.  Had to go get another one today.
It was several years old and the power head bit the dust.  I pulled it apart
to see if I could fix it, cleaned it out (we ain't gonna talk about the
gummy build up inside, I don't want to know, I really don't) put it all back
together again and smelled burning rubber.  So after a trip to Sam's, have a
nice nifty new upright with HEPA filter and smell good tablets.  We shall
see.

About ferrets pooping in different places, I have noticed that if one goes
by the box, the next one goes a little further out.  If I don't clean soon
enough, with my crew, this can creep out to the middle of the floor
(kidding, honest).  I have always attributed this to a behaviour similar to
cats, cats will not go where they have gone.  In the wild, they like to go
about a foot away.  I assume this can be extrapolated to ferrets, but I
don't know about the "before domestication" or wild stuff and don't know
anyone to ask.  Can someone give an opinion?

I am being invaded this weekend with guests.  The Hound of the Baskervilles
will be returning with her Mom (Candy) in tow, along with these two crazy
friends of Candy's.  I have met Jeff, he is very funny and sweet.  Erika I
haven't met but she is supposed to be a crazy Celtic Broad.  So the township
of Columbia may be in trouble.  hehe

Thought I might explain. I know I mention Candy a lot, she is a ferret
person, been on the fml, who I met because of someone we both met. She is
a broad. She is crazy. And she gets me into lots of trouble. Everything
is her fault. She lives in St. Louis, is single, and we have much of the
same outlook on life. We finish each other sentences. There is only one
other person I have ever met that thinks so much like me, outside of her.
It is truly strange. Kinda frightening. And I am trying to talk her into
going on a ferret road trip with me.  hehe.  If I can get her to stop
smoking, I will be a happy woman.

My little Hoover, aka Bette, is a wench.  She does nothing but poops, eats,
and attacks when awake.  Sleeps like the dead.  Last night she got in the
cage with Nicky, Ollie, Sylk and Brock, who were all asleep in the hammock.
She was on top of them, passed out.  The only one who doesn't like her is
Pookie, and that is normal.  But it will get better.  Pookie beats up on
her, but Bette does not hide from her.  The Hoover can eat a whole jar of
baby food/duck soup in one sitting.  Doesn't even burp either.  Amazing.

Wished I could be in Florida, sniff sniff, whine whine. Any take pity on
me yet?

Magpie, the Mobster

"My feel for you, boy, is decaying in front of me
Like the carrion of a murdered prey
And all I want is to save you, honey
Or the strength to walk away"

Fiona Apple