From:
Leendert Bakker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Jan 1998 19:43:47 +0100
I just read mr Schwartz's posting and I must say I couldn't agree more on
the redwall book.  A couple of months ago I was strolling thru a bookstore
wondering if I needed something new to read.  Suddenly something caught my
eye and it turned out to be a fert peeking out of a bush.  Exercise One:
take leap and grab book before anyone else could (there was no one around,
but still, it pays to be sure ;-).

Exercise Two:(deep concentration) read back-cover while walking at a brisk
pace towards the counter....yadda yadda yadda...friendly mice...yadda yadda
yadda...evil ferret...yadda yadda yadda...nasty ferret...yadda yadda yadda!

Exercise Three: Try to replace the book on the shelf by pitching it 25 feet.
In other words: I read the back and swore never to read any redwall book
ever!  I do not mind stereotyping as long as there's some kind of funny
truth in it.  If the ferret in this book was a chaotic practical joker I
would not have minded -much-.  Not all ferts are terribly cuddly and very
sweet (one of mine sure isn't, Cruella loves doing her Mrs. Pacman
immitation :-).

Dooks,

Leendert Bakker
Amsterdam