From:
Brandy Jean Ashmore <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 17 Jan 1998 10:28:29 -0600
Hi!  My name Is Brandy Jean, and I am new to the mailing list.  I have been
reading the past three days, and now I have a question or two.  I have a yr
old sable male, ZeppLynn, and a 6 mo old mutt (mixed colour patterns) male
Tusk.

First, some one asked about bathing, and I have a question about the reply
from the shelter mom
>Also realize the INFREQUENT bathing is preferable to frequent bathing.  We
>recommend bathing about once every three months or so -- as needed.  The
>more you bathe the ferret, the more oils you strip from the hair and skin --
>the result is the oil glands work harder and the ferret begins to smell
>muskier -- so less frequent is actually better

I have never heard or read this information.  Everything I see says one to
two weeks.  Now, I know we learn more everyday, and things we thought we
knew were wrong.  What you stated here sounds like it could be true.  I
would like to know how you got this information so I could read over it.

My next question, I live in NW Arkansas and there are not any ferret clubs
or anything around here.  Is there anyway I can meet ppl in my area to share
my love of ferrets?

Thanks for letting me go on and on.
Brandy, ZeppLynn, and Tusk