From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Jan 1998 11:20:23 -0500
Let's not waste space with the disagreement I have with IFNS attaching my
name to THEIR claim that 8 states have policy when I say instead that at
least 20 have and a number of others (but certainly NOT all states) will do
so over the coming months.  They are welcome to put up their own numbers
anytime if they keep my name off ANY of their articles since I am not keen
on being slandered by writing which says those conclusions are mine.  OF
COURSE not all states have implemented the Compendium so caution is advised;
everyone has said so repeatedly, including me.  OF COURSE people should take
the time to contact their own state health departments and their local ones;
everyone has said so repeatedly, incuding me.  OF COURSE the Compendium is a
recommendation which the states then may or may not decide to implement --
sometimes with alterations, and OF COURSE states' own laws vary in how or if
this will happen; I would not need to spend hours and hours of time checking
into this, nor would I have to spend hundreds of dollars of our own money on
this effort to help ferrets if it were automatic, would I?  You know I've
written that a lot, too.  Let's just take this for what it is worth and
folks can know that if my name is EVER again used by IFNS it is WITHOUT my
permission and to taken with an exceedingly large grain of salt.  Let's just
look at what's available, make our own decisions (since each individual in
the FML is intelligent enough to do that), respect each other's decisions,
not attach the names of anyone else to our own personal interpretations, and
get on to other issues.  I've too many times seen Bill Gruber's time wasted
till he has to call a halt to an argument so let's each use our own
intelligence to come to our own PRIVATE conclusions and end this one before
it can begin.

Sukie