From:
Ferretnews <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 11 Jan 1998 14:47:18 EST
Writing letters to DHS or DFG is a waste of time I agree, since those folks
are not elected.  But Pat is wrong when he says it is a waste of time in
general.  We got a 64-8 vote in the Assembly and still have a bill that is
alive in the Senate BECAUSE of massive letter writing.  In fact,
Californians should continue to put the heat (politely) on their
representatives and on anyone running for State office in November.  If they
don't make their opinions known to their representatives, they will continue
to live with the consequences.  If we have to we can pass a bill mandating a
quarantine for ferrets but not if folks don't think writing counts.