From:
Paula Bryder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Jan 1998 23:52:29 -0500
Dear friends,
Elsewhere in this issue you'll read about Jackie Hawley's experience with
Zeus, the Arcadia ferret she has taken in.  Now that more of you are aware
of how special these guys are, I wanted to give you some more information
about the adoption process.

A.  Application: We have so far been unable to get the application form
online to send to people, so I've requested snail mail addresses to send the
apps to people directly.  Once returned, the apps will be reviewed by the
committe and people notified ASAP so travel arrangements can be made.  The
app is the usual So Fla Ferret CLub & Rescue form, asking about experience
and living arrangements.

B.  Fee: Again, the standard for SFFCR - $75.00.  Although the fees will not
totally reimburse Barbara for her expenses for transport & surgery, they
will help.  Fees payable to So Fla Ferret Club & Rescue, so they are
tax-deductible.

C.  Medical Records: Medical records for all adoptees are available and will
be provided to the new families.

D.  Florida: We are trying to keep these sweeties in Florida if possible,
due to the stress of transport and to keep us available if the new families
need us.

I expect at least four of these guys to be ready for adoption by 1-16, with
more following soon after.  I'm hoping by the end of the weekend to have an
accurate picture of who is where statewide, and time frames for their
adoption.  Natsha & Boris (f sable, young m albino) have tentative new
homes, but nothing's certain yet.  The other two, the big, sweet, mellow
albino boys Hugh & Bogart will be available also.  I share Jackie's
enthusiam for these babies.  If I had the room & didn't have to work for a
living - well, you know how that goes.  All of my fosters use the litter pan
in their cages but are more casual outside.  All have bitten at least once,
but not in several days.  They're doing well.  The exciting thing about this
is watching them discover a safe, loving home for the first time - watching
one war dance & shake his head as if to say "Huh?  What'd I do?"...seeing
one play with a toy, seeing 1.25 lb Heidi dragging 3.75 lb Eli under the
dresser by the scruff & him just sliding with her with a goofy grin on his
face...watching them play roundie-round underneath me, tails wagging...all
the things our own take for granted, these truly superior animals are doing
for the first time.  So there you are, folks...email me your addresses, I'll
send out the apps, and we'll get busy for these fellows.

One note: please, try to be patient.  I want them to come to you as much as
you do, and if responses seem slow to you, it's because caring for 18
ferrets, 10 of whom need special attention, takes up much time!  (worth
every minute, though)

SFD's,
Paula Bryder