From:
Mark Hei <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Jan 1998 11:15:25 -0500
Shelby, my 6 month old sable, has snatched a variety of treats from me -
peanut butter cups, milky ways, cake icing, and a musketeers bar!  (She used
1/2 the 3 musketeer bar as a pillow for a while, and had bits of the stuff
lodged in her fur)... eventually i found the bar, 1/2 eaten, and that was
months ago... she likes peanut butter, raisins, and banana chips (like other
ferrets), and i feed her those as treats regularly.  I imagine that
chocolate in moderate doses is ok, but i ain't no expert!!!

I've gone camping with shelby, (for the whole summer in my truck) and she
did well in her 2-story cage with all the necessities when she was
younger...(i let her run in the Cab alot once it proved to be Ferret-proof)
and now, i just carry a bag of food, a water dish and bottle, and litter
box, and she knows what to do!  i take her everywhere with me, but bring a
small animal carry bag at all times just in case - and i imagine we shall be
doing long-range traveling forever!!!  (I am a kayaker and make trips around
the northern east coast a few times a year, and Shelby will ride with me!!!)