From:
Woeller D <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Jan 1998 22:11:08 -0500
Ok guys, here's an idea...
I have seen several posts  recommending human or other products that are
handy to use for ferret remedies, but the 'directions' aren't always
included- eg:

- Mention of Pedialyte, but not what to use it for, or what to do with it.
- Suggestion to use cat ear mite or worming meds (iirc)for ferrets, but
  not how much in dose.
- Recommendation to use a product referred to as 'Sudacreme' for rashes,
  itching/skin irritation, but no instructions & I can't find the product
  anywhere.
- References to Kaopectate, Pepto-Bismal and syrup of ipecac (not necessarily
  together, or in same circumstances) for stomach or digestive problems, but
  no amounts, or further directions.

Soooooo, I got this idea.  How about if everyone sends me their favorite
items to include in a 'Virtual Medecine Cabinet'?  I'd like any or all of
the following info that you can give me on your ideas: a product/brand name,
if this applies , where to find it, any alternative brands you know about
(including similar brands or products that shouldn't be used, and why.),
when to use it, how to use it, how much to use, how to store it, any
cautions or contraindications you know of, and any other hints, info or
advice you can pass on(including other questions I should be asking here).
I will collect this info until the end of the month, paste it together into
an e-mail file, and forward it to everyone who participates.  Please e-mail
your info directly to me,([log in to unmask]) as I will save it and use the
reply function to send your copy.  (You can always CC to any lists you want
to share with..)Understand that your info will be shared with others, so
don't send any private, personal secrets you don't want anyone to know.  I
reserve the right to paraphrase, and if more than one post on the same info
is received, to use the one I think is clearer.  (subjective, but how else
can I do it?) If you're not sure something is safe, please don't send it, or
include your source of info so we can judge for ourselves.  On the other
hand, recognize that this list of advice on products will be practical use
suggestions from mostly non-professionals, and act accordingly (use your own
judgement) before treating your fuzzy with it.  I hope we will be able to
use this 'Virtual Medicine Cabinet' to compare, consider and make our own
lists of items we want to have on hand for our own ferrets use, and possibly
keep as a handy reference on HOW to use these products once we purchase
them.  I think it will be fun and useful, and if it works well, I will do a
'Virtual Toy Chest' later.  (or maybe someone else would like to do that
one....?)

Angelique