Date:
Thu, 1 Jan 1998 18:26:07 -0800
I've returned from a successful ferret freedom walk in San Diego.  Several
news crews as well as newspaper reporters were present to ask lots of
questions.  If anyone sees or hears anything about it, please let me know so
we can get copies of any information.

One unfortunately incident did occur however.  One of the news crews were at
Pat Wrights home while he was getting ready.  His ferret Rocky decided that
the cameraman belonged in a corner, grabbed his forefinger, and started
backing up.  This was captured on camera.  The news of course loved to
hightlight "ferret bites cameraman while ferret supporters try to legalize
ferrets".  The cameraman ended up with two punctures in his finger (shown on
TV) and took a trip to the doctor.  The news report said that he was treated
and released with antibiotics.  Animal Control told them that Rocky may be
quarantined if shot records weren't produced.

I'm watching some of our local Tv and newspaper web sites to see if anything
shows up and will post directions to any information.

Keep California ferrets in your thoughts as we start yet another new year of
being illegal.

Chris