From:
Shelli Blair <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 28 Feb 1998 00:55:26 -0800
I want to thank everyone who emailed responses to my post yesterday.  I
couldn't believe all the information that rolled in! :)  Borax, Onyx, and I
will be making our first trip to the vet tomorrow.  If they are anything
like my felines they will be quite displeased with me when wer'e done at the
vet!  They will be getting rabies vaccines.  The vet said he would give them
the distemper vaccines at the same time but I received several responses
from ya'll that said that probably wasnt a good idea.  Thanks again....I
wouldnt have known.

I think the fuzzies are doing well now.  They seem to have adjusted to us
all rather quickly.  They seem to be fascinated with my fish tanks and both
seem to like water.  From what I've read so far most ferrets don't like
baths?  These 2 toss toys into the cats water and then fish it out
again.....strange?  They think the hand held vacuum that I use to clean up
stray food and litter is......something.  I've never seen or heard such a
ruckus as when I turn the little vac.  on!  They bounce up and down and make
strange little chippering noises, but they really don't seem afraid of it as
they'll come right up to it.

Onyx will still try to bite but always at the face.  I dont really
understand that, but chalk it up to individuality.  Borax is a perfect
gentleman and an absolute ham.  He likes to tease my Siamese tomcat by
running up behind him then diving under the nearest furniture.  I can't
believe I didn't get ferts sooner!

Thanks again to all!

Shelli
Borax and Onyx