From:
Toni Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Jan 1998 09:31:30 -0600
I don't know how many, but I have responded to several people on the FML.
Both thru the FML and personally.  But, if I don't have an answer to a
question, I won't respond.  I don't purport to be a Veterinarian and
wouldn't dream of giving out advice on a guess.  That could be very
detrimental to the health of our little babies.

I remember the first response I got from the FML.  I wish I had gotten no
response at all.  And it was given right here on the FML in front of
everybody.  I was so hurt and embarassed I posted a farewell message to
apologize and unsubscribe.  And since I was new, no one was going to miss me
anyway.  I was wrong.  I then received several emails personally hoping I'd
stay.

For the most part (meaning yes we do have an occasional idiot), folks on the
FML are friendly, helpful people.  Especially to newcomers.  They don't
single people out for being new.  This is not a popularity contest.  We have
one goal here and that is to help our ferrets.  But, sometimes the best
advice is no advice at all except you better get your baby to a vet.

Ferret hugs & kisses,
Toni
Dinky(waddya mean?  I'm very popular)