JMYSHARONA <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 13 Jan 1998 14:46:37 EST
I have posted several times in the past and now have the time to introduce
myself and little ones.

If you didn't guess by my address, my name is Sharon and I currently have 8
little ones.  I am a member of the Western New York and Finger Lakes Ferret
Association, which runs a shelter and Corner Store to help support the
little ones in our care.

I recieved my first 12+ years ago as a gift.  Her name was Gypsy, MF sable.
She passed over the Rainbow Bridge peacefully at home on 2/14/95 at the age
of 10.  Coco-Puff was a MF cinn.  purchased as a companion for Gypsy and
went over the Bridge to play with her forever on 11/10/97 at the age 8.

Ouija is my third .  She's a MF sable 7yrs.  old and is currently recovering
from adrenal surgery.During the surgery the vet found something he's never
seen before,it has been sent to pathology and I will post with the
description and results when they come in.

Mr. Grinch is my 4th, MF Silver Bib (don't think it's a proper color class),
2 1/2 y.o.  He was diagnosed with Eosiniphilic Gastro Enteritis and is doing
fine.

Chumley is #5.  MF Chocolate.  Just turned 2 y.o. He was VERY young when
purchased, at a guess I'd say 4-5 weeks, tops.  He had severe trouble eating
soft food, and nearly choked to death in the attempt.  I preformed a ferret
heimlich which I feel saved his life as he couldn't breath and a glob of
food came out.  MF should use a bit more common sense in deciding when thier
kits go out for sale.

Dweezilis #6. MF Champange (closest color match I could find) male
1 1/2 y.o.

Scooter is #7. MF Blaze male. Just turned 1 y.o.

Bubba is #8.  MF male Chocolate.  Adopted from the WNYFLFA shelter and is a
perfect playmate for Scooter as he also just turned 1 y.o.

Pop is #9.  MF male Chocolate.  3 y.o.  a real lap ferret.  Adopted from
WNYFLFA shelter.

Reggie is #10. MF male Blaze 8 m.o. Adopted from the WNYFLFA shelter.

Well, that's the crew

Special thanks to:
Debbie- WNYFLFA president, and her seemingly endless supply of knowledge and
soup.
Sandy-WNYFLFA shelter director, who dedicates herself to the care of all the
little ones who, for countless reasons, find themselves in her very caring
and capable hands.

SP