From:
Karla Chorny <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Jan 1998 11:41:09 -0600
Hello,

This is my first message to this list, as my family has only recently become
ferret owners.

VMC:
I recently wiped out my personal web page with a plan to rebuild it sometime
soon - but I hadn't thought of anything worthwhile to put there.  So, in the
event that web space is needed for the VMC, I would happily volunteer mine.
Also, I work for an internet hosting company and am quite computer and
internet literate...so although I am still eagerly learning about ferret
ownership and couldn't help much that way, I will gladly assist if technical
help is needed.

Ferret info needed:
We brought our new 10 month old friend, Elmo, home on New Years Day and have
tried to treat him well.  But after reading the FML for several days, I'm a
little worried.  I have read how most ferrets love to be loved.  Elmo
resists being held or stroked at all, except for when he's very sleepy.  He
otherwise seems very healthy, eats well, is very curious and plays well with
our cat.  Are there things we should be doing to help him warm up to us a
bit more?  We have three children, ranging from 7-13, who can be somewhat
rambunctious (to put it mildly).  They play a little rough, possibly, with
Elmo, but never hurt him.  And he doesn't seem easily spooked.  I'm just
wondering if this is normal....maybe he just needs a little more time?

Thanks for any input, and let me know about the web space.

Karla Chorny and Family (Tom, Ashlea, Kaitie, Hannah,
Felix (the cat), Butch (the dog) and Elmo (the ferret))