From:
David Doyle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Jan 1998 12:35:52 -0800
Hello folks!

Hope you all had wonderful Holidays with family and friends!!!  Well, we had
to leave our fuzzies with their Auntie while we went to visit my folks, and
we sure missed them!  But, their Auntie spoiled them rotten with love and
attention and they got to run around every day in her big back yard!  Our
kids are still waiting for their "cat house" from Santa Paws but those elves
in the big brown UPS trucks couldn't bring it in time for Xmas and they
guess that it was because Santa just can't get all the presents delivered on
time like he used to... something about exponential population growth or
something... ANYWAYS... Tony got his remote controlled monster truck, and
the kids as a whole got their Playskool slide...

The point of my message is to inform you all that we are adopting a new
fuzzy from the kids' Auntie... you see, she took him in as a rescue and she
needed a good home for him, and said she wanted to give him to us... and we
took one look at him and fell in love!  He has little silver mitt fingers, a
faint blaze stripe on his head, a chocolate body with frosty highlights, and
a nice mask... he's a mix of everything... Now, his name fits his
personality because he looks like an opposum... he is very skinny because
the previous owner set him out in the wild without food for a long time, and
the neighbors called Auntie and she went and got him... thus my "feral
ferret" belief is reinforced (ferrets can't live in the wild) and thank God
we got him before he starved to death!!!  Anyway, we will be taking him to
the vet soon to make sure it is just non-nourishment while Auntie nurses him
back to health... oohhh Auntie just called while I was writing this and told
us that Possum was playing with a ball today and he's feeling a lot better!
Well, we gotta go out today and get some ingredients for duck soup for
him...

We feel blessed that he is going to be a part of our household and glad that
we could help out one more neglected baby... I wish they could all be taken
care of... maybe more and more folks will adopt in the future!  It truly is
a good feeling to know that you possibly saved that critters' life...

Lots of Love and Dooks!

~ The Doyle Zoo Six Pack:
Rosie, Maxie, Samantha, Shiva, Tony, & Possum ~

P.S. Please visit our webpage at:
http://members.aol.com/WildSider/mainpage.html
for more info. about our mailing list and ferret adventure books!

(oo)(oo)(oo)(oo)(oo)(oo)