From:
Ela Heyn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Jan 1998 19:22:37 -0500
We've had many discussions here recently about flying ferrets (i.e., getting
an airline to fly your ferrets), and it occurred to me that these are
similar to the discussions on flying pets held on the rabbit list I belong
to.  Over on that list, somebody was kind enough to post an article on the
subject, written by a former baggage handler.

That article is now available on the Web and through an autoresponder.  The
autoresponder owner has given me permission to post information for access,
in hopes that the article might interest you.  It is a VERY good and
thorough article, explaining EXACTLY how the airlines handle pets, what
happens in a cargo hold, how the cargo hold is heated, etc.  Anyway, without
further ado, here is the access information for this article:

The article is called "Flying Rabbits", and is available through:

    http://www.wco.com/~snevel/petbunny/documents.html

You can also get it by sending the command:

    send flying_rabbits

(case IS important) in the SUBJECT (not the body) of a message to:

If you send the command

    send index

to that address instead (in the SUBJECT of a message) you will get a list
and description of ALL of the articles available, some of which might also
be of interest to ferret owners.  Good luck, and enjoy!

   (000)___(000)        Ela Heyn
   ======@======    http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/5483