From:
Nicholas and Angie <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Jan 1998 21:02:37 -0700
It's with a heavy heart that I make this post.  Recently my wife and I
became new parents.  Real parents that is, we've been "furry" parents for
quite some time now.  I've always thought low of people who "got rid" of
their ferrets for reasons I didn't approve of, and I can't believe I am now
putting myself in the position for the same ridicule.  I now understand the
thought that must have gone into the decisions these people made because I
have put a lot of thought and soul into this one.  My wife and I both work
full time, and with our new addition, we simply have not had the time nor
effort to care for our 2 ferrets properly.  They eat well and we always make
sure they are not thirsty, but they rarely get a chance to get out anymore
because by the time my wife and I have time alone, we are so emotionally and
completely exhausted we just want to go to sleep, or cry..but sometimes
we're too tired for that too :)   Except for their litter, their cage hasn't
been cleaned out in ages and I feel simply awful about our neglect.  I
simply feel that our babies might be better cared for at this point in our
lives by someone else, although it saddens me greatly.  To put it short,
they are male and female almost a year old and above average in size.  They
come from a private breeder and have been spayed/neutered and have all their
shots.  They are sweet and wonderful and love each other a lot.  They dont'
nip and are very playful.  They come with a hammock, a very nice 16 oz water
bottle, deep attached food dish, 3 level cage (there might actually be some
carpet left on the levels!), bell collars, about 15 pounds of ultrablend
food and other assorted toys.  I am not looking to make a profit or
anything, but money is tight.  I was hoping to adopt them out for about $200
OBO for all...though I am willing to drive to find them a new home, I would
consider less if I didn't have to.  The most important thing is finding them
a good home, not the money.  Please email me for more info on the babies if
you're interested, and thanks for your time.  Nicholas