From:
Lacy Warehime <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Jan 1998 07:00:23 PST
Greetings all, I hope this gets to the fml okay.  Hope everyone is having a
good new years so far.

I would like to thank everyone for their advice on the neglected ferret
situation I posted on about a month ago.  I was hoping to get to adopt the
little girl, but as it turns out they said no.  It seems the youngest of
their children has gotten attached to the ferret and did not want to give it
up.  So I did the only thing I knew to do, I printed off every available
piece of information I could find on caring for, and training ferrets.  I
compiled it all in a booklet and also made up a list of "ferret" friendly
vets in the area, along with their phone numbers.  I even went so far as to
go and highlight everything I felt was most important, that they were over
looking.

I keep asking about her though.  And from what I hear she is doing well, she
is still in the small cage, but she is getting to "run about" in the
youngest sons room every evening.  Being loved on and handled more is
helping I am sure.  She will be turning 6 mo.  soon, and my husband is
turning on the pressure to have her spayed and we plan on sending her a
"care package" as soon as possible.  Anyways, thanks for all the replies on
the issue.

I am still looking for another ferret for the family.  I would drather get
one from some place other than a pet store, so if anyone knows of a good
quality breeder or shelter in the Okc area, please let me know!  I still run
across a few "ferret to good home" ads in the paper but as soon as I call I
find out that they are already gone.

I am having trouble sending mail so I am using a hotmail account to send
this, but replies can still go to

Thanks, Michelle