Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Sun, 31 May 1998 03:55:21 -0400
From:
THOMAS D OSBURN <[log in to unmask]>
Thanks to all who have answered my question on trying to get my ferret some
kind of "hairball remedy".  You all gave me several options.  I will try
each and everyone hoping Rocky will take one of them.

Although I am a veteran ferret owner of some 20 odd years, every once in a
while I still come up with a problem I have never had to tackle.  I have
posted on other questions previously and have always been answered
courteously, promptly and most of all with the ferrets health and well-being
first and foremost.  That's why we are all here.  Let's not lose the main
reason for this wonderful sharing of such important information.

I understand that questions sometimes get repetitious and some can sound
downright dumb to the seasoned ferret owner, but we all can help the
first-time ferret owner with more patience.  Let's guide them along along
without any flames.  Give suggestions, help with decisions, answer all
questions with the respect that you yourself would like to receive.  Do not
under any circumstances berate that that new ferret owner.  Do not drive
them away from the information they need so critically.  The FML is a wealth
of data.  Let's share that data to everyone that asks.  I am sure that there
has been numerous ferret lives saved due to the experience of others.

There has been an incident recently where someone was flamed.  That someone
gave up her remaining ferret and left the list.  When I read the details of
what happened, I was embarressed knowing that several of the members wrote
with such hostility to someone who asked for our help or merely an opinion.
Let us try not to have something like this happen again.  Please.  Always
keep in mind, it is the ferrets we are here to help.

In closing, I would again like to thank all the members for the wisdom and
knowledge they have given through-out the years for the benefit of the
ferrets.  Also to "BIG" for all his time and effort, I would also like to
say a very warm "thank-you."

Always for the ferrets,
Mary and the six shedding furballs

numerous ferret lives saved due to the experience of others.