Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Sat, 24 Jan 1998 02:31:38 +0000
From:
"Sue M." <[log in to unmask]>
I'll start with the etc. part.

While I agree that no ferret deserves to die, I am kinda concerned that we
don't seem to be responding to the issues of responsible ferret ownership.
I'm not going to take sides here, because I wasn't there.  But I agree that
it is ABSOLUTELY irresponsible to allow ANY ferret who is known, or
suspected, to nip or bite be a socialite in dangerous situations.  Have the
kid where s/he can be seen and can see, but *don't* let them interact with
people that aren't a part of their everyday lives.  And being in public
where ferts are illegal is a dangerous situation.  I have mixed feelings
about taking kids out in public where they are illegal...to me it greatly
depends on the ferret and the situation, but their person must be even more
vigilant about potential harm.  We all need to be supportive of each other,
but most of all of the ferrets, and we need to be aware of (and I'm not
accusing anyone of anything here) and address situations of more subtle
neglect or negligence than is seen in the London case.  That said, and
that's all I'm going to say on the subject, so don't bother flaming me.

I'm trying a new food...Excel kitten food...for the furkids.  TF isn't
available in town, and I can't even find IAMS.  Rosa does find Science Diet
acceptable, but Rocky won't touch it, so I'm trying to find something I can
feed them both.  The local pet store only carries the Excel foods, but has
free samples.  It seems pretty good...lots of chicken and chicken products,
34% min Protein 22% min fat.  Now we just gotta see if they'll eat it...the
cats like it!  *L* Talked to the guy in the pet store, told him I've been
thinking about starting a ferret club (not a shelter, at least not yet), and
he said that there would probably be quite a bit of interest...so it's
definately a go.  There'll be a new club on the block soon!

Update on Rocky and Rosa...he's kinda trying to play with her, so things are
improving.  However, he also seems to be trying to mount her *L* to which
she loudly objects!  Hard to tell for sure, since she far from stays still
for that sort of treatment (he's fixed btw).  I think they can work it out
on their own, but any advice or comments would be appreciated *L*

Sue "what are you doing now Rocky?"
Rosa  "GET HIM OFF ME!"
Rocky "okay, I'm ready for another girlfriend"