Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Fri, 16 Jan 1998 09:00:17 -0800
From:
Minta Ruark <[log in to unmask]>
Thanks for responding to my questions about Elsa.  I took her to the vet
Wednesday afternoon about her behind area, the vet wasn't too surprised
since she'd been soiling herself constantly--stomach bile can be pretty
painful on the skin.  He cleaned her up and cut her hair (she's got pretty
long and fluffy hair for a short-haired ferret), and I got some hemmoroid
medicine for her so she's better there.

She's accepting more food from me, as well as eating a little bit on her
own.  I have been feeding her w/a syringe-type dropper, it's hard b/c her
mouth is so small, but she is the only one of my 4 ferrets who actually
*likes* the soft food I give her, so I was really concerned when she was
refusing it.  She's back on track there, though.  She's also gotten enough
energy to start protesting that I've stuck her in a cage (she usually has
complete free reign of my room).  Her latest issue...she has had alternating
stools--yucky ol' wet and brown ones, and ones that clearly have *blood* in
them.  The last time she passed blood in her stool was yesterday afternoon.
I brought her to work w/me today to watch her and make sure--hope,
hope--that she keeps to the yucky brown ones.  If she passes blood again the
vet's going to put her on this really strong and nasty tasting antibiotic
which means I'll have to get her to swallow a capsule w/a pill gun...she's
been steadily improving, i really don't want to do that to her.  He doesn't
know exactly what's wrong w/her or why she's passing blood, but he's the
best ferret vet in Pdx...

Minta & Elsa