From:
Sherry White <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Jan 1998 20:57:49 -0400
First off, what a thoughtful idea!!!  February 15th being the official date,
I can live with that, no problem:)

A few fellow ferret friends on this Mailing List have the same feelings on
this issue as I do, (I will mention no names).  If they wish to come forward
and express their opinions on the proclaimed date, (and I hope they do), I
will leave that up to those individuals.

February being "Black History Month" and the 14th being "Valentine's Day",
February 15th has no significance to me other than that is the chosen day
that my fellow ferret friends have proclaimed as "National Ferret Day".

There is however a date in my mind that holds a great deal of significance
to me.  That date is June 12, (Kodo's DOD).

I had followed the Kodo issue since the day it all began.  When June 12,
1997 rolled around and I found out Kodo's fate, I cried so much I had to
leave the office for a bit, until I could stop crying and gain some
composure.  When Kodo died a piece of my heart went with him, and my heart
is still heavy:(

Ever since Kodo's death, I try to regard Kodo as an inspiration, (something
positive has got to come from his death).  His spirit has made me become
more aware of Ferret Laws, not only in Michigan but in various other States
as well.  I became more aware on health issues, just basically anything I
read was beneficial to me.  I know not much, but I know a lot more.  There
is not a day that goes by that I do not think of Kodo, the sadness of his
loss, Mr. Jacobs & his family, and what his death has taught me.

When I look into Jade & Daisy's eyes, it all comes back to me and it is all
I can do to hold back the tears as to what poor little Kodo went through.  I
truly count Jade & Daisy two of the greatest blessings in my life.  But one
day too, I will have to again face the saddest sound in the universe,
another fading heartbeat:(

I am sorry my fellow friends but I will pledge allegiance to Kodo, this is
where my heart belongs.

This household will recognize June 12 (week of June 12), as the date for
myself, Jade & Daisy to take a stand and remember the terrible fate of Kodo,
and the inspiration that he has instilled within me.

I owe it to him.

Sherri, Jade & Daisy
This is a rose for you,
pretend it's red