From:
"Downey, Susan" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Jan 1998 10:33:11 -0700
Hi all,

I took Izzy into the vet this morning because I noticed the hair on her butt
was thinning.  She had rat tail for most of the winter, never gained her
winter coat, and was not gaining weight.  (she actually lost 2 oz since
summer).  The hair on her tail has grown back but her rear is thinning.

The Vet said that she was boarder line.  The thinning hair and skin point
toward adrenal.  But her hair did grow back on her tail.  She is itching a
little bit more, and looks skinny.  Her vulva is not swelling and there is
no extra aggression.  It seems that if it is adrenal it is early, but moving
fast.  I have only noticed her hair really thinning in the last 2 -3 weeks.

So here is my plan and question.  We are going out of town for 2 weeks at
the end of February.  SO if we are going to do the surgery we need to do it
soon so she can recover before she has to go to the sitters house.  We are
going to watch her for another few days, until next Monday or Tuesday.  If
it is looking like the symptoms are bigger then we will do the surgery
around Wednesday.  But what if they are not?  Can we wait until the
beginning of March to take care of this?  Is she going to get so much worse
that she will not be strong enough to go through a surgery?  (she is
skinny).  The vet said she was really boarder line.  That there was a lot of
circumstantial evidence pointing toward adrenal, but things pointing the
other way too.  Like her tail hair growing back.

What does it sound like to you.  Do the surgery now?  or wait a month when
we get back?

Will some one also please give me info on the adrenal mailing list.  I think
it is time to join that.

Thanks

Sue and her frenzy of five thinking good thoughts for Izzy