From:
Sheila Crompton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Jan 1998 17:07:24 -0000
I've just got back from the vets after rushing Deanna Troi to him.  I don't
what the problem is but she collapsed about mid-day.  The vet said she was
in shock when I arrived at the surgery.  Her breathing was wheezy and
shallow but that could be the shock.  I asked whether she could have hurt
herself when she was playing.  The vet, not my usual one, felt her abdomen,
he could feel a small lump and Deanna reacted as though it was sore.  (Her
tail was bottle-brushed all the time).  The vet did a fine needle aspiration
and drew some watery blood from her abdomen.

The signs aren't looking good.  The vet said he'd put her on a heat pad and
treat her for shock to see if she will rally round enough to carry on with
further treatment.  He has my permission to do what is necessary if Deanna
doesn't respond.  I'll know in about 4 hours just what has happened.  All
the rest of Deanna's group are fine, they a bouncing around all over the
place.

Give all your ferrets a hug - you never know when disaster will strike.

Sheila
Bolton Ferret Welfare
National Ferret Welfare Society Newsletter Editor
http://www.btinternet.com/~sheila/ferrets.htm (Last Update 18 Jan 1998)