From:
"Willis Lanina M." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Jan 1998 14:27:42 -0500
Hello!
I'm new to the FML, I've been reading for about three weeks and thought I'd
do an intro like the others.

My family consists of me, my husband Roger and our five fuzz butts:)
Frienzy(MF sable sprite 1yr) the intelligent one!  If there is any way they
can get in, out, around, or through anything she will be the one to find it!
Fiesty(MF chocolate sable sprite 1yr) the timid/ skittish one!  She is quiet
and shy until you make her mad!  She's the first to bite, but only nips and
only after being provoked!  Mischief (MF albino gib 10 mo) Mommy's big boy!
Almost three lbs.  and pure sugar!  He has a girlfriend in a local pet
store, one of the employees want us to adopt her, but I think other people
how work there wouldn't be so pleased!( She is the pet of the store 1+ yrs)
Franny(short for frantic)(PV light sable mitt 4 mo) is obnoxious!  She
doesn't "war dance" or "pounce" she Frounces!  Her own special attack.
Anyone or thing that she sees as a play thing gets jumped on unmercifully!
And last but definitely not least is Magic(sable gib unknown age, returned
to pet store with diarrhea and malnutrition in Nov.  He had ratty fur, and
we could feel every bone in his back and ribs,he weighed less than a lb.!)
We took him to the Vet, got him on Amoxicillin, Flagyl and Pepto and now he
weighs almost three lbs!!!  I know that a lot of you on the list do this
kind of thing on a regular basis, and I would like to commend you all!  He
was the first ferret that I have had the joy of nursing back to health.:)

I need advice about the pet store where we got the last three ferts.  They
are selling Latex Foam balls marketed for ferrets and made by Ethical
products( Ironic?!?) I have talked to the manager three times very calmly
explaining that foam is NOT a toy for ferrets.  He just stares blankly and
then says that the Owner does all the ordering and stocking and that I would
need to talk to him But of course he is Never around!  What's a ferret lover
to do???

Thank you to all of the people who do so much and I hope that I can help as
much some day.  I would love to meet more ferrets and ferret people in the
Bethesda MD area, and We will be moving back to the west (Co or Ok areas) in
Sept. so would like to get info about What's out there for ferrets also.

Sorry this is so long, when it comes to ferts I just can't shut up!:) I
think it's contagious!!!

Nina Willis
Frenzy, Fiesty, Franny, Mischief and MAGIC!!! Anyone notice a pattern???