From:
Ann Phillips <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Jan 1998 14:56:54 -0500
I discovered - quite by accident - a cool way to entertain my ferrets that
didn't cost me any additional $.

They have an awful lot of toys.  I guess in the process of washing the floor
in the ferret room I put a bunch of toys away in their closet in a basket
some time before Christmas.

When I was putting their clean bedding away in the closet this morning I
found this basket jammed behind a stack of carpet scraps.  So I put their
current basket of toys - which just so happened to be all picked up cause
I'd been vacumning - in the closet and replaced it with the "lost" one.

I guess they either didn't remember how much they liked the "lost" toys
until they smelled them, or had forgot them entirely cause the crew was
really happy!  Lots of hopping in and out of the plastic basket and
scurrying to place toys in their proper positions under things.

The other cool thing they got yesterday was a couple of Big Hugs.  A Big Hug
is a heart shaped sleep/snuggle/poke your nose out of sack.  Big Hugs are
padded inside with batting which makes them soft and keeps them in their
heart shapes.  I noticed this morning one was already dragged behind the
futon for more comfortable behind the furniture sleeping.  Go check out
Ferret Wise's Funalia page for some Big Hugs in time for Valentine's Day
(The first offical shopping day for YOUR ferrets for '98!) at:
http://www.dartmouth.edu/~crassi/funalia.html

Also - has anyone who uses Chewease noticed a difference in the original
product and the recently shipped product?

I've been buying them since I first heard about them here and recently I
restocked.  When I put the new ones in the 'fridge with the remainder of the
old ones I had I noticed a few things.  The new ones smell more like
ferretone or vanilla or something then the older version AND they are more
shiny and the imprint of the ferret in the middle of the star is clearer.
Hmmm.  My ferrets are just as obcessed over them as usual tho!

Ann