From:
Harry Silvis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 17 Jan 1998 19:59:13 -0500
We noticed last evening that PODO Male MF four years old had a sudden weight
loss.  His poop was waterly and brown straw like.  We were very concerned he
was dehydrated.  We were able to push a lot of water and pedalyte.  He
seemed to improve and looked much better.  We gave him additional water
during the night.

This A.M.  he again looked wasted and we pushed fluids and he ate food that
I hand fed him.  We took him to our regular vet who sent us to the emergency
vet.  They have told us he was dehydrated and loosing body mass.

The Blood work that was not in normal range is:
Glocuse 86 mg/dl low
ALT  585 U/L High
ALKP 216 U/L High
CO2 52 mmo/L High
Ca 7.8 U/L low
T Bill 2.4 mg/dl High

The Hematology Profile is within the normal range.

The vet is keeping PODO until Monday.  She thinks we are dealing with
Lymphosarcoma and wants to send him to someone else for additional blood
work and a liver biopasy.

With the above information are we on the right track.

Unti yesterday PODO who has only been with us a month has been very active,
fighting with his cage mate Jack and been active eating and pooping normal.
This A.M. he did not seem in pain and I was easily able to hand feed and
water him.

Harry C. Silvis