From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Jan 1998 13:16:28 -0500
I just got a phone call from Diane Rogers of the AFA at 12:50 eastern time,
1/15/98.  She got Dr. Bromwell of Illinois on the phone (217-782-6657) and
was told that Illinois has already joined the quarantine states.  This is
one of the states for which I do not have a letter so if any of you in
Illinois have it in writing on departmental letterhead could you PLEASE let
me know, and I'll add that to the collection.  (I'd already heard that IL
had joined those following the 1998 Compendium of Animal Rabies Control from
some very reputable people out there, but when there's no letter in our hot
little hands we are confirming to be extra safe.) Meanwhile, I know that
Diane is among the special people one can trust on this score so will add my
note of what she imparted.  Diane has added N.Y.  to her list of states for
follow-up because of the comments of an FML poster two days ago.  (Giving us
a heads-up if a problem is discovered is an appreciated gift toward ferrets'
wellbeing because everyone wants to do the best possible work toward having
our critters safe.)

(Still have to get around to reading more than two letter in today's FML.
Busy, busy day...  Arrrrgggggghhhhhh!)

Sukie