From:
blaraway <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Jan 1998 09:29:12 -0500
Sorry to hear you're not getting many replies.  We people who have been here
since there were around 100 people or less on this list are not high and
mighty.  We even still ask questions and learn something new from time to
time.  I am sorry you may feel like we are above you.  I have not had the
time to read much of the FML till last several days.  I basically just scan
looking for information from Vets and FML 10'th.  I do try to help when time
allows it.  NO QUESTION is insignificant or stupid.  When my job moves
overseas and I am uneployed I will have more than enough time to answer any
and all questions.  Unfortuneately till then I will have little time.  The
only time I have is when we have a shortage of parts like now.  If anyone
out there wants a question answered please feel free to email me soon.
Things are about to get crazzzzy around here soon.  I don't give any medical
advice but am willing to help in any other area.  Unless you want to teach
your ferret to play dead or roll over.  I've never had the time to teach the
dog I had let alone a ferret with the attention spand of kid after eating a
box of sugar coated, cocoa, glucose smacks and a glass of chocolate milk.
Boy now that's a sugar buzz.  I think it's time for a cup of coffee and a
snickers bar.  :-)

As for the statement ALL FERRETS bite.  I think not.  Maybe I've been
fortuneate.  The only ferrets that I've had bite was my first ferret and
several abused shelter ferrets.  My first ferret bit in play.  I didn't
realize at the time it was not acceptable.  Mako would never bite.  Some
little kid once grabbed him by the throat and would not let go.  Poor Mako's
eyes where bulging out of his head and he would bite.  Mako alias Vampire
ferret had huge canines.  I did fear him scraping his canines across
people's hands.  That is also a death penalty.  Taz my latest young ferret
mouths alittle but is learning fast it is not acceptable.  She only does
this while war dancing.

Now there are some ferrets in the shelter that have taken a bite out of me
and my wife.  Shoot one ferret never bit anyone till we picked him up.
Found out the hard way he didn't like smokers.  He only bit smokers.  Maybe
he was abused by one I don't know.  I strongly feel that most ferrets that
bite can be trained not to bite or atleast bite less.  I've trained one of
the worst biters the shelter ever saw.  Well okay Donna did it, but I
helped.  :-) Marie is still a biter but she only bites me.  I can't
understand this one.  She has an attitude.  She will live her life out
without to much human contact outside of my family and vet.  She is
deffenately a butt only ferret and I don't trust that much with her.  She is
a squirmy little, lightning fast ferret, for almost five.  Marie biter
ferret #2 from shelter.  I guess they don't like me much.  :-) No realy I am
a sucker for a ferret with a lost cause and homeless.  Somebody got love
these poor unwanted stinkbutts.

Now don't get me wrong.  The only ferret I ever let be held was Mako.  All
other ferrets go butt first, even Mako with younger kids.  I strongly believe
in this policy.  My ferrets are way to important to me.  Even though Florida
is changing I still don't want to take the chance.  Safety first for my kids
and I hope you all do the same.  I have seen the pain of child after her
ferret was taken away and killed.  I never want to have that happen to me.

Take care all.

 Brad, Donna, Taz the spaz, and Marie.

 Have you ever danced with a ferret under the light of a full moon?  I have.