From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Jan 1998 20:39:14 EST
I couldn't believe when I read the FML this morning and found out Rocky had
been taken into custody.  I couldn't believe he would have been put down so
fast.

I called Pat Wright about 8:00 a.m. this morning and he confirmed that the
animal control came to his house yesterday morning for Rocky.  They promised
him Rocky would be only quaranteed for 14 days and then sent out of state.
Pat said they didn't have a search warrant but Pat believed them and wanted
to cooperate.  He gave up Rocky to them.  At about 1:00 p.m.  he said he
received a phone call from the animal control and they told him they had
received instructions from Sacramento (our state capitol) to put Rocky down
immediately.

Pat was going to spend today trying to get counsel to represent him.  I work
with attorneys but since they are employed by an insurance company they can
only give unofficial advice.  Their advice to Pat is to file against whoever
authorized this as intentional infliction of emotional distress.  They said
the fact that the animal has value cannot be addressed more than the small
amount of actual money Rocky was worth.  They say though this seems like
intentional harrassment of Pat Wright and all of us who love ferrets.  They
feel we need to get this to court.

I think we Californians should march on Sacramento over this!!  I have e-
mailed Jeanne Carley and given her my address etc.  Please all you CaCa land
people let's do something.  Our letters aren't doing enough.

Please send your e-mail addresses to Pat Wright at [log in to unmask]
hopefully we can get organized.  I have a van and live near a BART transit
station in Pleasant Hill.  I would be willing to take people to Sacramento
for a peaceful demonstration.

Fuzzie love always,

From the CaCa state.
[LA]