From:
Jamie Steinhauer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Jan 1998 20:40:31 -0500
Hi:

My name is Missy and my husband is Jamie.  During the last 4 years we have
adopted 14 little fuzzies (ferrets).  Early last winter, we lost one of them
- Bandit.  This was very devastating to our family.  We dearly love each and
every one of our babies.

On October 14, 1996, we turned a bedroom in our home into a ferret room,
which we have named "Pietinkiville", since we refer to them as the
Pietinkies.  Listed below are our babies names:

Scooter
Pipsqueek
Norton
Calvin
Stinker
Socks
Crackers
Bandy
Jasmine
Oscar
Frosty
Stripe aka "Little Man"
Ralphy

And of course Bandit, which we lost.

tt live in southern Ohio, and are very much interested in starting a ferret
club.  If anyone out there knows how, please let us know at

In regards to some of the letters today on hair loss, our vet has told us to
use Neosporin and use the contents of a Vitamin E capsual and rub them on
the bare spot.  We have had good luck so far doing this.  We were also told
that at certain stress times, spot hair loss can occur, such as coat change
time, change of diet, etc.  But be safe, and check it out with your vet.
Remember they are just little baby "fuzzies", and since they are so small,
they may need immediate attention by vet or "Ferrett Peditrician"...... If
you notice anything out of the ordinary, please DO NOT WAIT UNTIL LATER -
ACT IMMEDIATELY, because they can die very quickly!

Getting back to the use of Neosporin and Vitamin E, this should be used
twice a day.

Thanks for the great letters and information.  Please keep them coming!

Jamie, Missy and the Pietinkiville Gang