From:
Toni Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Jan 1998 11:25:03 -0600
To Boinky and Zaidy:
If she has been accustomed to pooping in the corners with no reprimand, it
may be too late to train her.  But you might try this.  Get some plastic,
like carpet runner type, cut pieces and tack them into the corners.  At
least this will protect the carpet.  Of course that doesn't do much for
training, but it's better than her being caged all the time.

My little Dinky girl has never pooped in corners with carpeting (knock on
wood).  There are 3 corners with linoleum, one each in the kitchen, living
room, and bathroom, where she occasionally goes.  She use to not do that
until I had a short hospital stay and a *friend* came over to stay with her.
Vicki never cleaned her litterbox the whole time and Dinky just refused to
use it.  Do you blame her?  She also just fed her stuff from the
refrigerator when her feed ran out.  Not even putting it in her food dish.
She just threw stuff on the floor, including pickles, jalepenos, granola
bars, crackers.  Nothing nutritional for my little baby.  When I got home
from the hospital there was poop in the corners (something she had NEVER
done) and vomit on the carpet.  Needless to say this *friend* is banned from
my house.  I went to the hospital in an ambulance on an emergency and in
desperation asked Vicki to take care of Dinky.  I learned a valuable lesson.

Dinky now has a godmother who has promised to take care of her should
something happen to me.  Andrea is wonderful with animals of all kinds,
including her own zoo.  Please, all of you, be prepared for such things!

My, this conversation took a turn, didn't it.

Ferret hugs and kisses,
Toni
Dinky(I want a nice clean spot to poop in)