From:
Karen Daigneault <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Jan 1998 08:02:01 -0800
Oh my!  Starting the new year and also with it the desire to complete (for
the time being) my business of ferrets with a DEW, I can no longer ignore
this......This post....along with meeting Kymberlie Becker's Shadow has
brought back the *wonderful* memories of my Colours.  The pain has now been
replaced with remembering "all the good times", just as all of you had told
me it would...:)

>Last is Chloe who we got from WarmFuzzy Ferret Rescue here in Pennsylvania.
>I got Shirly Herzog's shelter name from the STAR Ferret data base (thanks
>Pam!!!) Chloe is a MF female DEW and is the perfect pet.  I know you can't
>have favorites but if you could, she would be it.  She is very friendly to
>everybody, never, ever bites, loves to play

Colours was my 2nd fuzzie, altho Morrow and her came close insofar as
purchase time.  Just a matter of a month I believe, I was on a waiting list
to get her.  Helps having a friend that managed the petstore, Colours came
home to me on the day my mother died.  This (above) describes my little
darling perfectly, - because of her uniqueness in color, (unknowledgeable
persons regarding ferrets,) she was always singled out among guests.  The
children LOVED her.  And Colours could deal with just about anything insofar
as children go.  No, I do not tolerate any kind of "animal teasing or
abuse".  I am speaking of children playing "dress up" (in this case the
ferret) and being held for long periods of time , and being toted around the
neighborhood in a doll baby carriage with the guenia pigs...Even if it was
her playtime and runtime, Colours never lost patience with anyone, never bit
(unless Sweetpea, the mini-italian greyhound needed a reprimand.

If not for Colours, I would not have found the FML, I would not have had the
pleasure of meeting all the wonderful people I've met, I would not have the
knowledge I do of fuzzies in the sense that I do....

Upon returning from work on a Wednesday evening I noticed that Colours was
very, very sick.  This happened in a matter of 8 hours.  Friday around
lunchtime Colours passed away at the vets.  She had not ingested any
poisens, - for one thing she had no access to them, and the vet did
bloodwork, etc., upon her arrival to his office.  Her temp was normal.  She
was dehyraded, and had diareha. sp?  She was given fluids and antibiotics.
I continued to give her fluids throughout the night (the vet sent me home
with an IV, etc) - in other words I was her night nurse, the vet was her day.

Anyway, the point of all of this is that I am looking to adopt a DEW.  I
don't normally like to show a preference as far as *what* I'm adopting in
the fuzzie world.  When one needs a home, they need a home, what difference
does it make "who" they are?  This case is different.  I currently have 5
fuzzies.  Robbie, who accompanies me just about everywhere) purchased for me
by Slinky at the Frederick show is a very, very close match to a Blaze,
Bubba, my craison man, is an affectionate, loving light sable who has the
most darling face and eyes that could be, Hopps is a beautiful, kissy fert,
who's a large black sable.  Daisy is my mitt, who is always around
regardless of where you are....and Samantha, Samantha who shines and wants
very badly to get to anything High, is a beautiful petite black sable.

Robbie and Samantha are nippers.  Samantha does it out of play...
unfortunately she is too close to her mommy in the respect of "aggrevating".
She plots the ankles at the exact, correct time and goes in for the nip.
Only to run back to where she was hiding.  Whether it be dog, human, an
ankle is an ankle.  Robbie?  Well, Robbie is my beloved snotdrop.  And altho
since she's been here (two weeks, Laurie, or three?) she has gotten so much
better, she still occasionally nips.  She nips simply because you are doing
something at the time she doesn't want you to do.  Like, if she wants out of
her sleepsack in the restaurant, and "you check in to make sure she's ok and
she wants OUT" then she will nip to tell you she wants out.  As I said, she
has gotten at least, in just this short time 75 percent better with the
nipping.

This is a summary of my fuzzies.  All get along with each other, as well as
get along with my doggies.

If any of you shelters out there has a DEW up for adoption, can you let
me know, please?  Kymberlie Becker, Pa Ferret Rescue Association, has
been on the lookout for me, perhaps putting this in the fml I can find

Thanks,

Karen&Manna - 'hoomans
and the fivefuzziewuzzies