From:
Slinky The Moondancer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 31 Dec 1997 16:02:48 EST
Slinkmonster here -

Jackie Hawley wrote:
>It seems since very early this morning, only three replies to Doug Clark's
>article has been posted and I know of at least 6 that have not been.  Since
>he feels we are "wacky animal extremist", thought you may like to read it
>and respond..... It will be interesting to see if other replies are posted.

**DOOK OF FURY**

OH YYYEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSS

There WILL be at least ONE MORE REPLY posted....

From ME.

WACKY ANIMAL EXTREMIST?????????

Hey, it's the wacky animal extremists who are the SANE humans in this world!
If your species had nowhere but each other to turn to for unconditional
love, you would've probably wiped yourselves off the face of the planet long
before this - your kind is FAR LESS FORGIVING with each other than we, the
beasts God gave you dominion over, are.  How many of you have been able to
pull through a crisis only because of the love of your ferret, dog, cat or
other creatures?

Somehow just knowing that we are there to love you through sanity and
inanity has provided how many of you with the lifeline(s) you've needed to
survive whatever turbulence life has hurled your way?  I know my love was
the key factor in braking my human, The Boss's descent into alcoholism.
Because I was there to share with her my joy of life, the mirth and
merriment I extracted from every waking (and sleeping) moment, her
depression faltered under the never-wavering weight of my Moondancing and
she ended up caring enough about me to start caring once again about
herself.  How many of you "wacky animal extremists" have similar stories to
tell?  How many of you have sought out your animals for comfort before
another human being?  How many more times have you been rejected by another
human than your own animals?

To think that this- this DODO DUDE (he's proof that they aren't extinct,
after all) could trivialize the horrific loss of life in Spokane, simply
because it was ANIMAL life, not human, makes me wonder if he's ever known
the love of any animal....and if so, how could he POSSIBLY MAKE SUCH
STATEMENTS??????

And humans consider themselves so far above the animals.... That alone
proves that they're not.

If the above statement has offended anyone, I extend no apology nor do I
retract one syllable.

A Tremblingly Enraged Moondancer

I suppose Mr. Clark also thinks of himself as a poet since this is what he
had to say to Sam personally: " (P.S.  You should rework the poem.  I don't
mean to be cruel, but much of the rhyme scheme is forced and sophomoric.)"